Sun screens is one of the most cost-effective ways to shade your windows from the sun. We highly recommend you install sun screens to block out the sun. They will easily pay for themselves in a very short amount of time.
Here are some other energy saving tips that you can use to save some money on your energy bill.
No Cost Energy Savings Ideas
- When it is hot outside, be sure to keep blinds closed during the day to help eliminate the heat that enters your home
- In summer, set the thermostat to 78 degrees or higher. In the winter, set the thermostat to 68 degrees or lower
- Set your water heater’s thermostat to low
- Wash clothes in cold water when possible
- Use kitchen and bathroom vents only when absolutely necessary
- Clean the coils under the refrigerator (very few people do this)
Low Cost Energy Savings Ideas
- If you do not yet have a programmable thermostat, get one
- Change filters on your air conditioner/heater once every month
- Replace your regular incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescents
- Seal around any pipes, windows, and doors where outside heat can penetrate walls
- Improve attic insulation to at least R-38 to R-49
- Improve/replace weather stripping around doors and windows